The platform leverages synergies and collaboration with sector stakeholders to conduct comprehensive research and analysis to effectively communicate and support investment processes from an early stage. The detailed charts, graphs and fact sheets are carefully designed to provide guidance, thereby empowering investors to succeed, and stimulating growth for existing businesses in the sector.
The platform was established with financial support of the European Union (EU) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH through the Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP) in collaboration with the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC), Federal Ministry of Power (FMP), and the Rural Electrification Agency (REA).
About the One-Stop Investment Platform (OSIP) for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in Nigeria
To support clean and sustainable energy development (CSED) in Nigeria, enhance trust in renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) investments, and catalyse increased renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) investments for low carbon economic growth.
- To build a substantial repository of factual data, information, and contacts related to renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) projects.
- To provide market information to guide the investment process of local and international investors/developers interested in renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) projects in Nigeria.
- To improve the visibility of entrepreneurs and niche business opportunities in renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) by providing a “matchmaking platform” with a repository of relevant sector networks, developers, investors, and project instruments.
- To serve as a fully integrated platform where continuous institutional synergies, long-term stakeholder relationships, and sustainable investments in the Nigerian renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) market can be enhanced through basic market orientation.
- To be the first point of contact for all investors in the renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) sectors in Nigeria.
The OSIP is built on these core values
- Excellence and Integrity: We pay attention to ensuring our information is reliable in order to earn the trust of stakeholders and users of the platform. The platform is built free from influence, special interests, or any biases.
- Innovation: The platform provides relevant and timely information in line with market movements, technological advancements, and the best opportunities in local and national markets to aid our investors in making future proof decisions.
- Investor Education: We strive to help potential investors make informed investment choices within the RE and EE sectors in Nigeria.
- People and Society: We aim to make people’s lives better, and our approach is people-centric. We are driven by a commitment to make an impact, and maintain respect for our partners, staff, collaborators, and citizens. We intend that the platform will result in outcomes that (1) Provide enhanced value for stakeholders and investors, (2) Improve the technical and economic viability of the Nigerian power sector, and (3) promote better socio-economic outcomes and energy access for Nigerian citizens.
- Prosperity: We recognise that energy access enhances economic development. We are committed to building a platform that will result in increased energy investments for national and individual prosperity.
- Sustainability: Our platform aims to encourage projects that minimise negative environmental impact and contribute towards creating a sustainable future.
- Transparency and Trust: We strive to be honest, accurate, and disciplined with the information provided while upholding ethical standards and remaining within existing policies and regulatory landscapes.
The Lead User Group
Special thanks to the Lead User Group members who provided frequent feedback on concepts, designs and functionalities in a development process of the platform.